If you include freebies or samples with your orders, you may not want those items showing up on your packing slips to your customers. Luckily, it's easy to remove all of those items from your packing slips with ShipStation.
NOTE: You must be on a Silver-level plan or above to customize your packing slip, and we recommend having a basic familiarity with HTML code before starting.
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Templates and then Packing Slips from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Either copy or edit an existing template and paste in the following code at the top of the Order Header area.
Once you paste that, your Order Header should look like this (the numbers may be different for the table depending on your packing slip size):
4. Click on the Order Items gray bar.
5. Replace the top line, <tr>, with the code line below.
<tr class="customStyle[Extended Price Zero]">
Your Order Items area should now look like this:
6. Remember to Save your new template, and that's it! Now, any items that have a value of $0 will no longer display on your packing slip whenever you apply this template to an order.
- Please read How can I hide $0 products on my e-mails? if you want to do the same thing for your confirmation e-mails.
- Follow the instructions in How can I hide $0 products and coupons on my packing slips? if you want to hide coupon or discount codes from your packing slip, in addition to your $0 items.