This article explains how to assign customized email or packing slip templates (after you've created them) to a specific individual order.
NOTE: You must be on a Silver plan or above to customize your packing slip, though the instructions below will still work for your custom email templates.
1. In the app, click on the Orders tab, and then find the order that needs a specific packing slip or email template assigned.
2. Click the order number to open up the Order Details screen, and then look for the Order Templates section on the lower right side of that screen.
3. Choose a specific packing slip or email template for the order from the appropriate drop-down menu.
4. Close the Order Details screen, and you're all set!
Read How can I assign emails and packing slips to specific stores/marketplaces? to learn how to assign templates based on selling channel.
You can also use Automation Rules to assign specific templates based on certain order criteria!
- You can't use ShipStation to send confirmation emails to customers purchasing from your Amazon, Rakuten/Buy.com stores. These companies don't allow us to send confirmation emails for their orders, so you will have to edit those email confirmation settings in your respective marketplace accounts.
- Assigning a template on the order level will override a general assignment made at the store level.
- To change multiple orders at once without changing the store settings, go to Other Actions > Apply Bulk Action and choose Use a specific packing slip.