Setting up a DYMO LabelWriter 4XL label printer on your Mac can be done in just a few steps. If you need help installing the printer on Windows, please read this article.
The first step will be to add your printer. Here's a .GIF for adding the DYMO 4XL. The individual steps for this process are listed just below the .GIF!
Head to System Preferences under the Apple Menu () in the top left corner of your computer screen.
Then click the Printers & Scanners icon.
Next, click the + button under the Printers window. From the dropdown, click Add Printer or Scanner...
On the page that appears, select the printer you wish to add. Here, you'll be selecting the DYMO LabelWriter 4XL that is listed as being connected via USB.
Once you click Add, the printer will be saved!
The next step in the setup process will be going in to CUPS to make sure your printer is set up to print out labels as 4"x6". For a detailed setup process on this, head to this article!
After the printer is properly-configured, you can set it up to print through ShipStation Connect.
Congratulations, you finished installing your DYMO printer!
A few important tips:
- The labels should be snug on the spool; there shouldn't be any space in between the two.
- The cutout on the label strip should be on the left side of the printer.
- Only DYMO labels are compatible with the LabelWriter, so make sure that you're using those brand of labels.
- Regularly cleaning the optical sensor with the cleaning card that was included is a good habit to start and keep
- If you are not able to locate the 4"x6" label size in CUPS, your computer may not have the proper DYMO software installed. Click HERE to download it now.