Connecting ShipStation and SkuVault requires three basic steps:
- Copy your ShipStation API Key & Secret.
- Enter the API Key & Secret into SkuVault.
- Configure settings within SkuVault.
Copy the ShipStation API Key & Secret
- In ShipStation, go to Settings (the wrench icon in the top right) > Account > API Settings.
- Copy the API Key and API Secret (you'll be pasting them into your SkuVault account).
- If no API Key and Secret exist, click Generate API Keys, then copy them.
Enter API Key & Secret into SkuVault
- In SkuVault, click on Admin > Channel Accounts.
- If creating a new account, Select ShipStation from the drop-down and click Create New Account.
- If editing an account, click Edit Config > Edit Credentials.
You should see a screen like this:
2. Paste the API Key and API Secret into the corresponding fields.
3. Type in the name you want the account in SkuVault to have.
Configure SkuVault Settings
- Select On for Location Sync Mode to upload Item Locations from SkuVault to ShipStation.
- Select On for Order Sync Mode to pull orders from ShipStation to SkuVault.
- Note: ChannelAdvisor users should set this option to Off since orders are downloaded from ChannelAdvisor to SkuVault directly.
- Click Create New ShipStation Account.
Your ShipStation account should now appear in the Channel Accounts list.
Wait about half an hour for the full sync to take place. The integration will pull data going back two weeks prior to setup, in addition to all new data.
- To configure ShipStation to view your SkuVault stock levels, follow the instructions in the article How do I check on my selling channels inventory levels?
- For more information about using SkuVault with ShipStation, see the article How do I use SkuVault with ShipStation?
- SkuVault will not appear in ShipStation as a selling channel, but it will automatically pull orders from ShipStation into SkuVault through the API. All this means is communication with ShipStation is initiated by SkuVault, not by ShipStation.
- Here is how ShipStation order statuses will appear in SkuVault (ShipStation = SkuVault):
- Awaiting Payment = Pending Payment
- On Hold = Pending Payment
- Pending Fulfillment = Pending Payment
- Awaiting Shipment = ReadyToShip
- Shipped = Completed
- Cancelled = Cancelled