This article answers the following questions about Quickship :
- What is Quickship?
- How can Quickship save me time?
- Who should use Quickship?
- Recommendations when using Quickship
- Video Overview of Quickship
What is Quickship? A faster way to create shipping labels in ShipStation!
When enabled and active, a single click will trigger your shipping labels to process in the background.
Quickship's speed comes from reducing the number of clicks and screens normally associated with the label-creation process.
How can Quickship save me time?
- It skips the cost summary screen which reviews the rate details, allows for one-time postage purchase, overrides the scheduled ship date, and displays warnings that may influence your shipping decisions.
- It routes label processing to the background via the Label Queue, so that you can ship order after order without all the related confirmation dialogs.
- It consolidates recently created labels in the Label Queue, so that you have the option to print all of those queued labels in bulk rather than one at a time.
- It can be configured so Quickshipped labels print out of your Connect-enabled printer as soon as they're done processing in the Label Queue.
Who should use Quickship?
Quickship is ideal for experienced shippers who are confident in their choice of shipping services, and who are also using other ShipStation features to maximize Quickship's value.
Recommendations when using Quickship
- Set up automatic funding of your Stamps.com USPS postage account.
- Set your shipping cutoff time so ShipStation automatically rolls the scheduled Ship Date forward after a certain time of day.
- Configure your Label Queue so Quickshipped orders print out once they're done processing, are automatically marked as printed, and/or are automatically archived to remove them from the Label Queue.
- Be aware of potential shipping warnings Quickship will skip. There are two specific warnings that will prevent labels from being created with Quickship:
- "This order has already been shipped." - Quickship is valid only for the initial shipment or an order.
- "Inventory Warning: Stock level has not been provided." - If you have Track Inventory enabled in your ShipStation account, you must set stock levels for tracked items otherwise the label will fail on orders containing items with no set stock level.
Since Quickship is so fast and so powerful, you may not want it active all the time. Switch it on or off while you're working with orders on the Orders tab.
Just click the lightning bolt icon attached to any Create Label button.
Video Overview of Quickship
To see Quickship in action, check out this short video below: