ShipStation can send automatic notification emails to your customers when it detects a "Delivered" status on their shipments. These kinds of emails are great for confirming that all went well with the delivery and also for requesting customer feedback or follows on social media.
We've added a new icon to your Shipments page, so you'll have at-a-glance knowledge when these start getting sent! (They'll be green if they're sent!)
Ready to get set up? It only takes three simple steps:
- Confirm that you're using carrier and service combinations that send us automatic tracking updates, because these emails won't work otherwise. Also, we can't send these emails to Amazon encrypted addresses (any email ending in "marketplace.amazon.com," nor can we send them for Rakuten/Buy.com orders.
- Customize your own Delivery Notification Email Template (in your Account Settings > Templates > Email Templates > Delivery Notification). Rather than starting from scratch, we recommend that you edit a copy of our "Default Delivery Template." Of course, you can use the default as-is! Just remember to keep your email about the transaction/purchase to avoid getting caught in spam filters.
- Assign a specific Delivery Notification Email Template.
Head to your Account Settings (the gear icon in the upper right).
Next, select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the sidebar on the left.
Find the store that needs the delivery email template assignment, click that store's Edit link, and then click on the Notifications sub-tab.
Find the "Delivery Notification Email" area, and choose your preferred template.
Don't forget to Save Changes! Going forward, orders from this store will send out these Delivery Notification Emails when a "Delivered" status is detected.
You should be all set, but you'll want to keep the following in mind:
- Your delivery notification email template should specifically refer to transactional details, like the the order number and tracking number. If you go right into marketing or promotional territory without referring to the purchase (e.g. your template only includes a coupon), then your emails may be flagged as spam.
- ShipStation reserves the right to disable this Delivery Notification Email service at any time and for any reason, especially if your customers start flagging your delivery emails as spam.