This article explains the steps necessary to connect your ShipStation and Zapier accounts. You'll move between both applications, so we provide you with instructions to...
- Connect ShipStation in Zapier
- Connect Zapier in ShipStation
- Sample Zapier integrations (called Zaps)
Zapier is a tool that allows various applications to communicate without direct integrations. Through Zapier, you can connect ShipStation to applications like MailChimp, Google Sheets, QuickBooks Online, Xero, and many more!
Check out the full list of supported applications on Zapier's page here.
To learn more about their service and how it works, please check out their "What is Zapier?" page.
Connecting ShipStation to your Zapier account takes only a couple of brief steps! Please follow the instructions below to connect.
NOTE: ShipStation support for Zapier is limited. If you're having issues setting up any integrations, please reach out to Zapier directly at their support page.
Connect ShipStation in Zapier
When you're ready to set up an integration using ShipStation as a trigger or an action, you'll first need to...
1. Log into Zapier and select ShipStation from the available integrations.
2. At the prompt, select a trigger or action:
- New Order - Triggers when a new Order is created or imported in ShipStation.
- Item Shipped - Triggers for each individual line item when a new outbound shipping label is created for an order.
- Order Shipped - Triggers when a new outbound shipping label is created for an order.
- Item Ordered - Triggers for each individual line item when a new order is created or imported.
- Create Order - Creates a new order.
To grant Zapier access to your ShipStation account, you'll need to enter your API Key & Secret.
Connect Zapier in ShipStation
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Account and then API Settings from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Generate a set of API keys (if you don't already have them).
4. Once you have your API Key and Secret, copy and paste them into the corresponding fields in Zapier. Zapier will confirm the Account is Working!
5. Click Yes, Continue. That's it! You're all set to create some Zapier integrations (called Zaps) with your ShipStation account.
Here are some samples: