The DYMO LabelWriter 4XL printers rely on their drivers to determine the final size of a printout. That means once you've told ShipStation what size label ShipStation needs to create, you need to go into the DYMO printer's preferences and properties to ensure your labels will also print at the correct size.
Set Printer Properties
1. Go to the Start menu (the Windows icon, typically in the lower left) and type in Devices and Printers to pull up this screen:
2. Locate the DYMO LabelWriter 4XL printer.
3. Right-click it (control-click), and select Printer Properties.
4. Next, go to the Advanced Tab and click on Printing Defaults.
5. Click on Advanced in the new window.
6. Change the Paper Size to match your DYMO label paper size (1744907 4 in x 6 in).
7. Click OK three times to save and return to the Devices and Printers screen.
1. Right-click (control-click) the DYMO printer.
2. Select Printer Preferences.
3. Click Advanced in the new window.
4. Change the Paper Size to match your DYMO label paper size (1744907 4 in x 6 in).
5. Click OK to dismiss this small window, and then OK again to return to the Properties window.
6. Close the Properties window.
That's it! Your DYMO LabelWriter 4XL is now set to print in the proper size for your thermal labels.
TIP: Try reprinting a label in ShipStation to test the settings.