To update inventory stock levels for multiple products at once in ShipStation, you'll need to first export your existing inventory records. In the exported CSV, you can then alter the stock level values, save the file, and import into ShipStation.
*If you already have an exported CSV from Products > Inventory, you can modify that CSV instead of exporting a new one. Just ensure the CSV is in the same format used when you initially set your inventory levels (i.e. no headings have been added or removed).
It is important to note, your included stock counts will replace existing stock levels (not incrementally add to them).
First, export the stock levels within an Inventory Warehouse...
Click on the Products tab.
Next, select Inventory from the sidebar on the left.
If you need to export your inventory products, click Export.
Since you’re trying to update your stock levels, select the option to “Only export products with Inventory from this warehouse” and choose the warehouse with the records you need.
Click Export Now to begin the file export. Then when it's complete, click the link in the top right to download the file.
Important: Do not edit, add, delete, or move any of the CSV's column headers!
In the CSV, update the stock levels to the proper values (keep in mind these values will replace the stock numbers in ShipStation).
When you're done editing the spreadsheet file, save it as a CSV and click Import on the Inventory Grid's action bar.
Select your recently edited CSV and then select the correct Warehouse from the drop down. Click Start Import.
Once your import is complete, your stock levels will be updated for that Inventory Warehouse! Simply repeat this process for each Inventory Warehouse.
Here are some additional details for the Inventory Import CSV process:
- The SKU and Stock fields are required!
- The CSV's Loc1, Loc2, Loc3, and Loc4 columns map to the Area, Unit, Shelf, and Bin portion of the Warehouse Layout, respectively.
- If you don't specify at least one 'Loc' value during the import, the stock will display the Inventory Warehouse Location as (Unspecified).
- If you wish to change the Inventory Warehouse Location of a product, you must set the existing product's stock value to 0 in the CSV (leaving the Loc values as they are), then add a 2nd row with the matching SKU and Product Name, along with the new Loc and stock values. This will remove the old Inventory Warehouse from the product's inventory, and replace it with the new one.
- If you edit the Loc values of a SKU in the CSV, the import will leave the existing Inventory Warehouse Location and stock values on that product's inventory tab and also create a second Inventory Warehouse Location for that product, using the stock value set in the CSV. This results in the product having two Inventory Warehouses Locations with stock.
- You may add new rows in the CSV that specify Inventory Warehouse Locations that don't exist yet, and ShipStation will create them for that SKU.
- You can include multiple Inventory Warehouses on a single CSV file, but to upload the inventory for multiple Inventory Warehouses, you will need to do multiple imports, selecting the Warehouse to apply the import to each time.
ProTip: If you only have a few SKUs to update, this CSV update method may be more work than it's worth. To learn how to manually adjust stock levels for individual products, check out this article.