The Inventory Source drop-down menu lets you link a Ship From Location to either one of the following:
- An Inventory Warehouse
Inventory Warehouses are part of our native Inventory Management solution. Linking an Inventory Warehouse lets ShipStation know where to deduct stock from as you ship orders.
- An External Partner's Stock Counts
ShipStation can pull inventory stock count information from certain Selling Channel and Inventory Management partners so that you can see the stock levels for your order's line items as you ship. These externally managed counts are visible within ShipStation's Order Detail screen and the Order Sidebar.
To add an Inventory Source to a Ship From Location
Head to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
Next, select Shipping and then Ship From Locations from the sidebar on the left.
Click Edit for a Ship From Location that needs a link to an Inventory Source.
Click the Inventory Source dropdown and make your selection.
Don't forget to Save Changes!
Repeat this process for any other Ship From Locations needing these links, and you'll be all set!
- You can only pick one Inventory Source per Ship From Location, but you can link the same Inventory Source to multiple Ship From Locations.
- The Inventory Source drop-down will show any Inventory Warehouse you have created in ShipStation under the ShipStation Inventory heading.
- If you have connected selling channels that provide inventory information to ShipStation through either our integration with them or through our API (like Finale Inventory, or Ecomdash), the available sources for each will be listed under their associated headings.
- If you do not see headings for your external inventory source, you will need to reach out to the support team for that channel to ensure you have enabled the proper settings within their platform.