Hey there! Getting started with ShipStation is easy! We'll get you from zero to ship in no time.
Click the link to jump to a specific section:
To get started you must add a selling channel, connect a carrier account, choose your label print format, and enter your Ship From Location. The ShipStation Welcome screen, available when you sign in for the first time, will guide you through the first three steps.
The following resources provide detailed instructions for each process:
- Add a selling channel to import your orders.
- Connect your carrier accounts to ship your parcels (referred to as packages in ShipStation).
- Choose a print format: Either 4"x6" thermal labels or 8.5"x11" sheets.
- Enter Your Ship From Location: Connected carriers need your origin address to return accurate rate quotes and your return address to display on the shipping label. An origin address and return address are saved in a pair called a Ship From Location.
That's all you need to make a label, but there are plenty more features to try out. For recommendations, check out this support article.
The instructions in the following articles represent steps in the day-to-day workflow for most users:
- Import Your Orders: This can be done manually at any time, or you can set your store to update automatically.
- Create labels for your orders: Go to the Orders tab and view the Awaiting Shipment orders.
- Track Your Shipments
- Check your shipment notifications
- Reprint an extra copy of a label for free in case you need it for your reference or it didn't print correctly
ShipStation integrates with dozens of marketplaces and shopping carts, so you can import your orders from wherever you sell. Check out our Partners page to see a full list. If you use a selling channel we don’t yet integrate with, we provide additional options for importing your orders into ShipStation.
If you use a selling channel we don’t yet integrate with, we provide additional options for importing your orders into ShipStation. Please see the following resources:
- Import orders using a CSV file (import your orders from a spreadsheet)
- Building a Custom Store Connection (for users with their own store developer)
- Accessing ShipStation's API (for using a selling channels API)
ShipStation integrates with many regional, national, international, and consolidation services. Check out ShipStation's carrier partner page for a full list to see if we connect to your carriers!
When you need help, we've got you covered:
- In-App Help
The Support Resources icon (the 'encircled question mark' icon in the top right) provides access to page-relevant support articles, and our Help Center, with the chat option available from 8 am CST to 8 pm CST for Silver-level plans and above.
- Our Support Center
Get to our Support Center using the in-app menu or via help.shipstation.com. All of our knowledge base articles (KBs) are easily browsable and searchable here -- try searching our KB for keywords like USPS or pick list. It also has links to our blog, customer forums, videos, webinars, and product feedback forums.
- Reaching Out
Your Account Manager is a great resource to help you set up, and their email address and phone number were forwarded to you when you signed up for a ShipStation account. But if something's not working right, get an example ready (screenshots never hurt) and contact our Support Team via support case or Chat.