G'day, mate! Getting started with ShipStation is easy -- we'll get you from zero to ship in no time.
Click the link to jump to a specific section:
- Quick Setup
- Shipping Orders
- Selling Channels
- Current Available Australia Carriers
- Getting Help
- Additional Information for Australia Account Users
To get started you must add a selling channel, connect a carrier account, choose your label print format, and enter your Ship From Location. The ShipStation Welcome screen, available when you sign in for the first time, will guide you through the first three steps.
The following resources provide detailed instructions for each process:
- Add a selling channel to import your orders.
- Connect your carrier accounts to ship your parcels (referred to as packages in ShipStation).
- Choose a print format: Either 4"x6" thermal labels or 8.5"x11" sheets.
- Enter Your Ship From Location: Connected carriers need your origin address to return accurate rate quotes and your return address to display on the shipping label. An origin address and return address are saved in a pair called a Ship From Location.
That's all you need to make a label, but there are plenty more features to try out. For recommendations, check out this support article.
The instructions in the following articles represent steps in the day-to-day workflow for most users:
- Import Your Orders: This can be done manually at any time, or you can set your store to update automatically.
- Create labels for your orders: Go to the Orders tab and view the Awaiting Shipment orders.
- Track Your Shipments
- Check your shipment notifications
- Reprint an extra copy of a label for free in case you need it for your reference or it didn't print correctly
- Closeout Australia Post Shipments Daily: Australia Post requires you generate an End-of-Day form at the end of each shipping day, and provide a printout to your carrier alongside your parcels.
- Setup Branded Tracking to enhance your company's brand through the entire shipping and tracking process!
ShipStation integrates with dozens of marketplaces and shopping carts, so you can import your orders from wherever you sell. Check out our Partners page to see a full list. If you use a selling channel we don’t yet integrate with, we provide additional options for importing your orders into ShipStation.
Please see the following resources:
- Import orders using a CSV file (import your orders from a spreadsheet)
- Building a Custom Store Connection (for users with their own store developer)
- Accessing ShipStation's API (for using a selling channels API)
Available Australia Carriers
ShipStation currently integrates with the following major carriers in Australia.
ShipStation currently offers domestic services through our Australia Post integration
- How do I add my Australia Post Account?
- How do I get my account number, API key and API Secret from Australia Post?
- See what domestic services are offered by Australia Post
ShipStation currently offers domestic services through our Sendle integration
ShipStation currently offers international services through our UPS Australia integration
- Where can I find my contact information for UPS registration?
- See what international services are offered by UPS Australia
ShipStation currently offers international services through our DHL Express Australia integration
- How do I connect an active DHL Express account to ShipStation?
- See what international services are offered by DHL Australia
When you need help, we've got you covered:
- In-App Help
The Support Resources icon (the 'encircled question mark' icon in the top right) provides access to our Help Center, with chat available from 7am - 4pm AUS Eastern (Sydney) for Silver-level plans and above.
- Our Support Center
Get to our Support Center using the in-app menu or via help.shipstation.com. All our knowledge base articles are easily browsable and searchable -- try searching our knowledge base for keywords like pick list or import. It also has links to our blog, community forums, videos, webinars, and product feedback forums.
- Reaching Out
Your Account Manager is a great resource to help you set up, and their email address and phone number were forwarded to you when you signed up for a ShipStation account. But if something's not working right, get an example ready (screenshots really help) and contact our Support Team via support case or chat.
Additional Information for Australia Account Users
- Currently, it is not possible to create international shipping labels using the Australia Post API. For the time being, you'll need to mark your international orders as shipped and add the parcel's tracking information.
- ShipStation does not yet support creating return labels for any Australia carrier.
- ShipStation's Branded Tracking feature is not currently available for Australia carriers. Check back soon as we hope to offer this feature for our Australia accounts soon!
- Sendle rates are not currently available within ShipStation's Rate Calculator. You can still view Sendle's rates on an order by order basis.
- ShipStation does not yet support printing store logos on shipping labels.
If you have questions or concerns, contact Support and we'll gladly help. We look forward to helping you get ship done!