ShipStation's direct integration with QuickBooks Online (QBO) makes sending your shipped order data over to your QuickBooks account a simple process!
ShipStation sends your Shipped Orders to QBO with a single click, so they will show as either Sales Receipts or Invoices in your QuickBooks Online account.
This article instructs you how to:
- Connect QuickBooks to ShipStation
- Configure the integration settings in ShipStation
- Process Orders (that is, send shipped orders' information to QBO)
Connect QuickBooks Online to ShipStation
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2 Select Integrations and then Integration Partners from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Select QuickBooks Online from the set of options.
4. Click Connect to QuickBooks. You will then be redirected to QuickBooks Online to authenticate your account.
5. Enter your QuickBooks Online Email or User ID and Password, then click Sign In.
6. Click Authorize to allow ShipStation access to your QuickBooks Online account.
Once Authenticated, you will be redirected back to ShipStation to begin configuring your account.
NOTE: ShipStation currently only supports the U.S. version of QuickBooks Online. It's possible to connect a QuickBooks Online Canada account to ShipStation, but not all features will be available. We do not support the transmission of GST/HST information at this time.
Configure Integration Settings
1. Select your Assets and Income accounts if you’ve selected to send Sales Receipts. Invoices will default to your Accounts Receivable account.
2. Choose to allow ShipStation to create records for Shipped Orders from either All Stores or Select Specific Stores whose Shipped Orders will submit to QuickBooks Online.
If you want ShipStation to pass tax information back to QuickBooks Online, choose a Default Tax Agency in the settings at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: You must have already created the tax agency within QuickBooks Online for this drop-down to populate.
You can also use the +Add State Tax Agency Mapping action to add additional rules so ShipStation can submit the correct Tax Agency based on recipient state.
Now that you've configured your settings, going forward you simply need to select the date range of shipped orders, and process the transactions!
1. Select the Date Range for the Shipped Orders you want to send to your QuickBooks Online account.
2. Click Process Transactions to begin, once a date range is selected.
NOTE: ShipStation will create Sales Receipts in QuickBooks for Orders that are in the Shipped status. Each order will be processed once and only once.
You'll see a progress bar as your Shipped Orders synch with QuickBooks Online. You can leave this page as the transactions are processing.
3. Once completed, check the History tab to verify the transactions submitted successfully.
And that’s it! Your Shipped Orders will now appear as Sales Receipts or Invoices in your QuickBooks Online account.
Read our article What are the capabilities of the QuickBooks Online Integration? for more information about this integration with QuickBooks online.