Account nicknames are a great way to distinguish your accounts from one another since you can connect multiple accounts for the same carrier. Even if you only have one account for that carrier, the nickname can serve as a reminder of whom to contact if there's some kind of billing issue with the account.
Nickname ideas include:
- Location Name
- Department Name
- Account Holder's Name or Company Name
- Credit Card type or last four digits of the Credit Card Number
Here's what the account nicknames look like in the Other Shipping Options section of the Order Details screen:
Nicknames are required for every new shipping account you add to ShipStation. It takes only a few steps to update existing nicknames.
Nickname an existing account
1. Click Settings (the Wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Shipping and then Carriers & Fulfillment from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click Account Settings for the carrier account you want to edit (this example shows a UPS account):
4. Type in the nickname and click Confirm.
NOTE: If you connected your shipping account before the nickname feature was available, your account number or username will be displayed until you specify a new nickname.