After you configure your branding settings, whether using the global defaults or store level settings, you will then need to enable the Branded Tracking Page on each of your stores that will use it.
The instructions below show how to enable Branded Tracking for each of your stores and how to configure branding at the store level, instead of account-wide. Branding configured at the store level will override any global branding settings.
Watch the following video for a demonstration of ShipStation's Branded Tracking page. Detailed steps follow below.
Your finished Branded Tracking page will look something like this:
Enable the Branded Tracking Page
Head to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
Next, select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the sidebar on the left.
1. Click Edit for a store you wish to configure.
2. Go to the Tracking Page tab
3. Click the radio button for Branded Tracking Page.
4. Click Save Changes.
5. Repeat this for each store that will be using the Branded Tracking Page instead of the Carrier Tracking Page.
Configure Store Level Branding Options
1. Go to the Branding tab.
2. Scroll to the Custom Settings section and check the box for Override default tracking page settings. This will allow your unique settings for this store to apply to its branded tracking page.
This is also where you will fill in the company's information that will display on the Tracking Page.
3. To display the store's logo, check the boxes for Show Store Logo.
4. Select your custom colors for the Status Bar, Title Text, and Map Marker.
5. Check the box Show Social Media Links if you want to be able to link customers to your social media pages. The links used are configured in the General Settings section of the Branding Tab, just above these custom settings.
6. Check the box for Show Service Menu if you want to display contact information for your company on this page.
- Select Website to link to a store's unique homepage (a good idea if you sell from multiple websites).
- Check Additional Links to add links to the top of the branded pages. This is great for highlighting promotional items or current sales.
- Check the Return Policy option if you'd like your customers to have easy access to your return policy (this information is pulled from the Returns tab in each store's settings and appears in a popup modal).
- Check the Contact Us option to include the email and phone number entered into the above General Settings section.
7. Check Show Order Details and which details should be shown on the tracking page for the customer.
8. Click Preview Changes to see how it looks.
9. Once you're satisfied, click Save Changes!
Branded tracking is available for domestic shipments within the US, Canada, UK, and Australia!
If the carrier service used is trackable, your customers can click the tracking number in their confirmation email to view the Branded Tracking Page and see the progress of their package.
- The tracking number link in the ShipStation Shipments tab will still link to the carrier's tracking page.
- This tracking relies on the carrier sending automatic updates to ShipStation through their API. Not all carriers support this (e.g., Australia Post, Royal Mail, DHL Express, and Sendle).
- If your carrier does not support Branded Tracking, the link in the shipment confirmation email will direct them to the carrier's tracking page. So there is no need to worry about enabling this option in your stores!
- Currently, orders sent to fulfillment centers (like FBA or Shipwire) or orders that are marked as shipped cannot use the Branded Tracking Page. We are working to add this functionality as soon as possible!