ShipStation Connect acts as the hub between ShipStation and your connected printers and scales (much like ShipStation acts as a hub between your selling channels and shipping providers).
This article explains how to...
Connect should be installed and running on any computer that has your printers and/or scales connected to it. It is also a continuously-running program that operates in the background, so it won't interfere with your other activities.
NOTE: Computers that do not have printers/scales directly connected to them do not need ShipStation Connect installed.
If something has interfered with Connect's ability to communicate with your devices, however, re-activate Connect to get them talking again!
First, make sure that Connect is running. If it is not, launch it from your Programs folder. Once you've ensured that it is running, follow the steps below.
Re-activate Connect on a Windows PC
- Click the Connect icon in the System Tray (as shown in the gif beneath step 3).
- On the ShipStation Connect popup, click De-activate this Computer.
- Log in with your ShipStation credentials when prompted. This will re-activate Connect on your printer workstation, and allow those connected devices to communicate with ShipStation again.
If Connect is still not sending to your printer, follow the steps below.
Fully Uninstall and Reinstall the Connect App
Click on the system tray in the bottom right of your screen.
- Right-click on the Connect icon and choose Exit.
- Click CTRL+ALT+DELETE, then locate the nw.exe process in the list if the application will not exit from the app icon.
- Right-click on the nw.exe process and click End Task.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features and select ShipStation Connect.
- Click Uninstall/Change in the menu prompt, and select Remove Application.
- Open your File Explorer, type %localappdata% and hit Enter.
- Find the ShipStation Connect folder and right-click. Delete this folder.
- Find the Apps folder and right-click. Delete this folder as well.
- Re-download ShipStation Connect from ShipStation Account Settings > Printing > ShipStation Connect and reinstall Connect.
- To view and administer your connected devices (printers and scales), you'll need to be logged into the ShipStation app with the same username and password used to login to ShipStation Connect.
- You can then share your connected devices with other users on your ShipStation account, so those users will be able to select the workstation printers when printing labels and other documents while logged into their username, no matter what computer they are using.
- ShipStation Connect does not need to be installed on any computer that is not directly connected to the printers you wish to use with ShipStation.