ShipStation Connect acts as the hub between ShipStation and your connected printers and scales (much like ShipStation acts as a hub between your selling channels and shipping providers). This article explains how to...
Connect should be installed and running on any computer that has your printers and/or scales connected to it. It is also a continuously-running program that operates in the background, so it won't interfere with your other activities.
NOTE: Computers that do not have printers/scales directly connected to them do not need ShipStation Connect installed.
If something has interfered with Connect's ability to communicate with your devices, however, re-activate Connect to get them talking again!
First, make sure that Connect is running. If it is not, launch it from your Applications folder. Once you've ensured that it is running, follow the steps below.
Re-activate Connect on a Mac
- Click the Connect icon in the right-hand side of your computer's menu bar.
- On the ShipStation Connect popup, click De-activate this Computer and then log in with your ShipStation credentials. This will re-activate Connect on your printer workstation, and allow those connected devices to communicate with ShipStation again.
If Connect is still not sending to your printer, follow the steps below.
Fully Uninstall and Reinstall the Connect App
- Click the Connect icon and choose Quit in the top-right menu bar.
- Search for Activity Monitor through the Spotlight search if you are unable to exit out of Connect from there.
- Search for ShipStation Connect in the upper-right search box.
- Click on ShipStation Connect, then click the stop-sign symbol in the top left of the Activity Monitor window.
- Go into the Finder, and hold the Option key.
- Click the Go menu, then click Library.
- Open the folder called Application Support, then move the folder called ShipStation Connect to the trash.
- Download the Connect installer from ShipStation's Settings > Printing > ShipStation Connect and re-install ShipStation Connect.
- To view and administer your connected devices (printers and scales), you'll need to be logged into the ShipStation app with the same username and password used to login to ShipStation Connect.
- You can then share your connected devices with other users on your ShipStation account, so those users will be able to select the workstation printers when printing labels and other documents from their user, no matter what computer they are using!
- ShipStation Connect does not need to be installed on any computer that is not directly connected to the printers you wish to use with ShipStation.