ShipStation’s Branded Tracking Page lets you extend your company brand to the page your customers use to track their shipment. This allows you to re-engage your customer as they track their package with your unique branding, including your social media links!
This article covers the steps to ...
- Set up Branded Tracking Page in your account.
- Set Branding Defaults.
- Read more about Branded Tracking
Set up Branded Tracking Page in your account.
This short video illustrates features of ShipStation's Branded Tracking Page! Step-by-step instructions follow below.
Once you have this setup, you just need to enable the Branded Tracking Page on each of your connected stores that will use this feature. You will even be able to customize each store's branding options if you'd like unique branding for each of your stores!
Here's what the finished Tracking Page will look like!
Regardless of the trackable carrier service used to create a shipment, the tracking page will have your store specific branding. Only the carrier information will be different.
Set Branding Defaults: Step-by-step details
These instructions show the process of configuring the Global Defaults, which will apply the same settings to all of your stores. If you'd like to customize each store separately, you can configure the same settings at the store level by going to the Branding Tab in each store's setup window.
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Click Branded Customer Pages on the left-hand side and click on Branding Defaults.
3. Check the box to display your store logo (which will display in the top lefthand corner of the screen). Select your custom colors for the Status Bar, Title Text, and Map Marker.
Keep in mind that Logo, Social Media Links, and most of Show Service Menu's information is controlled in the branding tab of each of your store's settings. Read Where can I configure branding options in ShipStation? to learn more.
4. If you've linked Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram in a store's Branding tab, check the box for Show Social Media Links.
5. Check the box for Show Service Menu if you want to display contact information for your company on this page.
- Select Website to link to a store's unique homepage (a good idea if you sell from multiple websites).
- Check Additional Links to add links to the top of the branded pages. This is great for highlighting promotional items or current sales.
- Check the Return Policy option if you'd like your customers to have easy access to your return policy (this information is pulled from the Returns tab in each store's settings and appears in a pop-up page).
- Check the Contact Us option to include the email and phone number you've entered into your store's Branding tab on the Branded Pages.
6. Choose which of the order details' components will be displayed or hidden in the Show Order Detail section.
7. Click View the Details of your order to access the Order Details information. Expand or collapse/hide this element on the Branded Tracking Page. The expanded version looks like this:
8. Click Preview Changes to see how your ShipStation Branded Tracking page looks!
9. Click Save Changes.
Once enabled, the tracking link sent in the shipment notification email will automatically take your customer to your new Branded Tracking page instead of the carrier's tracking page! Read How do I launch the Branded Tracking Page for each of my stores? and learn how to enable the tracking page and make store level customizations.
Read more about Branded Tracking
Branded tracking is available for domestic shipments within the US, Canada, UK, and Australia!
If the carrier service used is trackable, your customers can click the tracking number in their confirmation email to view the branded tracking page and see the progress of their package.
- The tracking number link in the ShipStation Shipments tab will still link to the carrier's tracking page.
- This tracking relies on the carrier sending automatic updates to ShipStation through their API. Not all carriers support this (e.g., Australia Post, Royal Mail, DHL Express, and Sendle).
- If your carrier does not support Branded Tracking, the link in the shipment confirmation email will direct them to the carrier's tracking page. So there is no need to worry about enabling this option in your stores!
- Currently, orders sent to fulfillment centers (like FBA or Shipwire) or orders that are marked as shipped cannot use the Branded Tracking Page. We are working to add this functionality as soon as possible!