ShipStation offers a free integration with QuickBooks Online that allows you to send your order information from ShipStation to QBO.
Available features (details below):
- Send shipped orders from ShipStation to Quickbooks Online as either Sales Receipts or Invoices
- Select which stores in ShipStation will transmit information to Quickbooks Online
- Send products from orders to either map to or create new non-inventory product records within Quickbooks.
- Send Recipient Information and create New Customers in QuickBooks Online if they don't already exist
- Send Sales Tax information from your Shipped orders
- Populate shipment information into Quickbooks Online
If you are looking for help connecting your account, please review the article How do I connect ShipStation with Quickbooks Online?
Send Shipped Orders
You’ll have the ability to choose the Asset Account to which Sales Receipts will be recorded.
Invoices will automatically be recorded to your Accounts Receivable Account.
The Order Number from ShipStation will be stored in the Memo Field on the Sales Receipt or Invoice.
Sales Receipts and Invoices from ShipStation will be identified with an “SS-” prefix followed by a Unique OrderID.
ShipStation will send orders from all connected stores by default. However, you can select which stores transmit information.
You must submit orders from ShipStation through the Process Orders page in Settings > Integrations > QuickBook Online. By submitting order this way, you can avoid duplicates should you have selling channels connected to QuickBooks Online directly.
Searches QBO for existing record by SKU.
- If a matching SKU is found, it is mapped to the QBO product record.
- If the SKU does exist/match, the product name in QBO matches product record.
- If the Name exists and the SKU is empty, update QBO product with SKU.
- If the Name exists and SKU is not empty, QBO creates a new product record with "SS-" prefix to Name and populate the SKU.
- If the product in ShipStation contains no Name, populate the Name and SKU field in QBO with the SKU.
Send Recipient Information
ShipStation will identify the customers using the Email on the associated order. If the customer cannot be found in your QuickBooks Online account, ShipStation will automatically create a new customer record. If the customer record exists in Quickbooks Online, ShipStation will update the customer record with information sent on the latest upload to Quickbooks Online.
Send Sales Tax Information
ShipStation will use the recipient address to match the Sales Tax to one or more Tax Agencies of your choosing. Please note you must have a Tax Agency already configured before it can be selected.
Populates Shipment Information
The shipment information added to your Sales Receipts or Invoices in QBO includes:
- Ship Date
- Tracking Number
- Shipping charged at checkout