UPS requires the Ship From Address to include a Company Name field when generating a label. To resolve this error, update the Ship From Address in ShipStation to include this information.
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Shipping > Ship From Locations from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click Edit next to the Ship From Location you need to update.
4. Enter a Name into the Company field in the popup that appears.
5. Click Save Changes and you are good to go!
- If you have your company's name in the Name field, that is fine. Enter anything you would like in the Company and Name fields so your company name doesn't print twice on the label. For example, you could enter "Shipping Department" or a company slogan. UPS only stipulates that this field is not blank.
- If you have a Company Name entered into a store's Branding tab, there is an option to use that Company name on labels. This is useful if you have a single Ship From Location, but multiple brands with different company names. You can ensure the correct company name prints on each label without creating multiple Ship from Locations.