On your Windows computer, you may have devices directly connected via the computer's USB port. These devices may show up intermittently in ShipStation. They may disappear from the available devices when printing or getting a weight reading from the scale.
A common reason for this is that the USB ports are on an energy saving mode. To correct the issue so your devices don't lose their connection with ShipStation Connect, you will need to disable this energy saving mode setting.
1. Check the following:
- Is Connect up and running?
- Is the USB device plugged in not through a USB hub, but in fact directly connected to the computer's USB port?
2. Go to your computer's Control Panel and click on System and Security once both the above are confirmed and if the issue is still occurring.
3. Click Power Options on the next screen.
4. Click Change plan settings on your computer's Power Plan screen.
5. Click Change advanced power settings on the Plan Settings screen.
6. Expand USB Settings, then expand USB selective suspend setting
6. Expand USB Settings, then expand USB selective suspend setting in the Power Options popup.
7. Set On battery and Plugged in to be Disabled. Then click Apply to save the changes.
After you set this up, your connected devices should stop disappearing from your ShipStation Connect settings window!