ShipStation's biggest selling point is how quickly and efficiently you can print out labels for your various selling channels. However, ShipStation doesn't stop there! Once your label has been created, ShipStation also notifies the selling channel and emails your customer with the shipment's tracking information.
We want to help make your shipping process as efficient as possible. If you already have your own methods to notify both the selling channel and customers, or you want to delay the notifications from going out until a specific time or event, these two articles will provide the information you need:
Selling Channel Notifications
When a label is created in ShipStation, by default ShipStation notifies the selling channel of the shipment.
For most selling channels, we will update:
- Shipped status
- Tracking number
- Carrier and Service
Some selling channels, like Magento and BigCommerce, also support partial shipments. So, if you split a shipment, we'll send shipment notifications for each shipment.
Common questions about Marketplace Notifications:
- Does ShipStation automatically update my marketplace with the shipped status and tracking number?
- What does ShipStation tell my Selling Channels?
Selling Channel Specific:
- Amazon: Why aren't my Amazon shipment notifications going through?
- Amazon: Why aren't my Amazon customers receiving shipment notification emails?
- BigCommerce: What does the error "The quantity specified is greater than the quantity of the product that is available to ship." for my BigCommerce order mean?
- Channel Advisor: Why am I receiving the error "Carrier/class lookup failed" on my ChannelAdvisor shipment?
- Groupon Goods: What order information is communicated between ShipStation and Groupon Goods marketplace?
- Reverb Marketplace: What information is communicated between ShipStation and my Reverb marketplace?
- Volusion: Why isn't the shipping method updating on my Volusion orders?
After the marketplace has been notified, ShipStation also sends a shipment notification email to the recipient. ShipStation includes a default template as well as the ability to customize the template to your preferences.
The email templates allow for both WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing and HTML editing for more advanced customization.
The following articles provide further details for shipment and delivery email notifications:
- How do I customize my e-mail templates?
- How do I edit my e-mail templates' source code (HTML)?
- How do I send a shipment notification e-mail to my customers?
- How can I send ShipStation email notifications from my company's email address?
- How can I resend the confirmation e-mail on a shipment?
- How can I assign a specific e-mail template/packing slip to an order?
- How do I change the Store Information provided in the email template?
- How do I send a delivery notification e-mail to my customers?
- Why are some of my notification e-mails being sent to Spam?
- How can I see what my customers' emails look like?
- How can I hide $0 products on my e-mails?
- How can I assign e-mails and packing slips to specific stores/marketplaces?