The Order Activity panel of the Order Details window provides insight into some of the changes and actions that have taken place on the order since importing into ShipStation.
Order Activity tracks basic order activities, like when the order imported, when its status changed, or when it shipped. Order Activity can also show what address changes were made to an order, which automation rules applied, and certain other actions taken by ShipStation users.
How do I find the Order Activity section?
1. Click on the order number from any page in ShipStation to bring up the Order Details window.
At the bottom of the window, underneath the Order Notes section, you'll find a collapsible section for Order Activity.
2. Click the triangle to expand the Order Activity section. You may notice some longer activity notes are shortened to save space.
3. Expand shortened activity notes by clicking the + icon next to the note.
- The events in the Order Activity section are stored in ShipStation for 60 days.
- To preserve activity notes longer than 60 days, we recommend storing them on the original marketplace, in the Internal Notes field in ShipStation, or in a third-party CRM program.
What Activities will be logged here?
- Order is imported or created.
- Order status is changed by marketplace updates or API calls.
- Order is put On Hold, Cancelled, manually marked as paid, or manually marked as shipped.
- Automation Rules, Service Mappings, Product Presets or Product Defaults applied to order.
- Recipient Address changes caused by ShipStation's Address Verification feature, marketplace updates, or manual user actions.
- Weight changed by Automation Rules or manual user actions.
- Order Total, Shipping Paid, Tax Paid, or Amount Paid changes.
- Shipping Presets applied to the order.
- A user is assigned to the order.
- Products are added or removed from order via marketplace updates or API calls.
- The order is split (split order will not inherit parent order's prior activity notes).
- The order is combined (only surviving order's Activity Notes will be preserved).
- Inventory allocated for the order.
- Shipment created for the order.
- Return Label created for the order.
- Fulfillment request sent for the order.
- Order Number is changed via marketplace updates or API calls.
What common Activities are not logged here?
- Changes made to shipping details (other than weight changes as listed above).
- Other Shipping Options set for the order.
- Bulk Actions applied to the order.
- Weight changes triggered by Bulk Action or API calls.
- Recipient Address changes caused by API calls.
- Order Notes or Custom Fields changed.
- Tags added or removed from the order.
- Inventory deallocated for order.
- Product Defaults which are applied to orders when the Apply Changes to Open Orders option is selected when updating a product record.