There are different reasons to flag customers: Some customers are repeat customers that are part of a loyalty reward program, others are fraud risks. Regardless of your reason to flag a customer, ShipStation offers automation processes to help ensure customers that require extra attention can be dealt with in an urgent manner.
1. Create an order tag to apply to these customer records (It's called an order tag because regardless of what you tag, it will ultimately be applied at the order level).
2. Select the customer(s) and tag the desired customer record(s).
3. Go to the Automation Rule settings. Here, use the tag as the criteria for the automation rule. And configure the appropriate actions.
For instance, these are popular actions to apply to frequent customers:
Possible actions for repeat customer automation rules are:
- Create an alert.
- Set carrier/service/package to an expedited one.
- Add a custom field message to include additional items such as coupons or stickers.
- Send an email or packing slip that is different from your defaults.
For Fraud Risks, these are frequently-used actions:
These example actions are:
- Assign the order to a supervisor for additional investigation.
- Move the order to On-Hold and out of awaiting shipment to avoid accidental shipment.
- Create an alert for potential fraud (and also to keep tabs of the order since it could be moved out of Awaiting Shipment).