ShipStation now provides the option to cancel shipments that are in progress without affecting the order status.
You will still be able to cancel orders as before. If there are any active shipments associated with the order, ShipStation will attempt to cancel them and void any labels created as well.
NOTE: Canceling shipments deletes the shipment record from the Shipping tab. If you wish to retain a shipment record but do not need to create a label, please review our article Mark a Shipment as Complete instead.
To void a label without canceling the associated shipment, please review the article How to Void Labels instead.
You may want to cancel an order in ShipStation if you do not plan to ship it.
Keep in mind, canceling an order in ShipStation does not affect its status on the marketplace.
If you want to cancel the entire order, the best option is to cancel the order on the selling channel. The next time you import orders from that selling channel, ShipStation will update the status of the order to Canceled in ShipStation automatically.
However, to cancel manual orders or move orders to the Cancelled status without touching the order on the marketplace, do the following:
- Locate the order in the Orders tab.
- Open the Order Details window (by clicking on the order number or double-clicking the order).
- Click Other Actions.
- Choose Cancel Order.
- An alert will appear to let you know the order will be canceled as well as any associated shipments. ShipStation will attempt to void any labels created on associated shipments as well.
- Choose Cancel Order to finish.
This process cancels the order and all associated shipments. If a label cannot be voided, the order will be canceled, but the label is still valid.
If you have created a shipment record but would like to cancel it without canceling the associated order, do the following:
- Go to the Shipping tab.
- Locate the shipment record and open the Shipment Details.
- Go to the Other Actions menu.
- Choose Cancel Shipment.
- A pop-up will appear to let you know that any active labels for the shipment will be submitted to be voided and the shipment canceled.
- Click Cancel Shipment to finish.
This process cancels only shipments. It does not affect the status of the associated order or any other shipments associated with that order.