If you need to create multiple shipments for a single order, ShipStation now provides a way to do this without splitting the order!
Common reasons to create multiple shipments:
- Too many products to ship in a single box
- Products are shipped from different locations
- One or more products are backordered and must be shipped at a later time
Split Items into Separate Shipments
- Select the order in the Orders tab.
- Open the Order Details window by clicking the order number.
- Click Split Items into Shipments.
- For multi-item orders, uncheck any items you do not wish to add to the current shipment.
- For multi-quantity items, click QTY to Add to set the quantity of the item to include in the shipment.
- Set the shipping details for the shipment.
- Click Create + Print Label when you're ready to print the label.
NOTE: If you are not ready to ship the products yet, click Save Shipment. This creates a shipment record beneath the Configure Shipment Widget and puts the shipment in the Planned status. You can come back and complete the shipment at any time either in the Order Details or the Shipping tab.
Repeat steps 3 & 4 for any additional shipments you need to make for the order or click I'm finished for now above the product list.
Eventually, ShipStation will send a shipping confirmation email to the customer and a notification to the marketplace for each shipment on an order. However, for now, ShipStation will send notifications only for the first label created for an order, as determined by your store notification settings.
Once all the products in the order are in Complete shipments, ShipStation will update the order's status to Complete automatically.