The printing process now uses a print dialog box with both printing and downloading options available in a single window that includes a preview of the document (label, packing slip, etc).
In V3, clicking Create Label will no longer prompt the print dialog box. Instead, the Create Label option just creates the label, allowing you to access it for later printing.
To access the print dialog, choose Create + Print Label. You will be able to make this the default option in the Configure Shipment Widget Preferences in an upcoming release.
Print via ShipStation Connect
If you have installed ShipStation Connect and it is running in the background, the Print To drop-down menu will show you the printers you have available via ShipStation Connect.
- Choose the printer you wish to print to from the Print To drop-down menu
- Click Print.
- If you don’t see any available printers, make sure ShipStation Connect is installed and running on the printer workstation.
- If you are printing from a computer that isn’t the printer workstation, make sure the printers you want to use have been shared in Settings > Printing > ShipStation Connect.
- If you're unable to see your printers after upgrading to V3, try the following:
- Clear your browser cache and cookies.
- Click Settings for ShipStation Connect, then De-active this computer. Then, log back into ShipStation Connect.
- Go to Settings > Printing > ShipStation Connect, and refresh your printers.
Download or Save
If you’d like to download the document to print later, do the following:
- Click the Download option
- Choose the page format
- Click the Download button. Depending on your browser preferences, this will either cause the document to download to your selected download location, or open the document in another browser tab where you can click the download option or print to any printers available to your computer.
An alternative method is to click the download icon in the document preview window. Either option will allow you to download the PDF to your computer to save and print later.
NOTE: If you’re not using ShipStation Connect and wish to print the PDF to a printer available to your local workstation, you can do so by using the Download option in ShipStation's print dialog box.
Once you download, view either in a PDF viewer or your browser's PDF viewer, then choose to print the PDF like you normally would.
Using this option will bypass ShipStation's smart document tracking, so ShipStation will not know the document was printed and will not update the printed status in ShipStation.