If you find that your return address lists the company name twice on your labels, there are a few potential reasons this could be happening:
Ship From Location
The most common reason your company name would be listed twice on a shipping label is that the company name is used in both the Name and Company fields for your Ship From Location's return address. To fix this follow the steps here:
1. Go to your Account Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Shipping and then Ship From Locations from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click edit for your Ship From Location. Make sure the company name is not listed twice in the return address.
If the Ship From Location has the address set as expected, the next potential reason why the company name would appear twice would be if the store was set to use the Company Name on shipping labels. To fix this follow the steps below:
1. Click Settings (the Wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Select Selling Channels and then Store Setup from the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click the edit option for the store in question.
4. Go to the Branding tab in the store settings.
The first field on this page is Company Name. Underneath that field is an optional checkbox to Always use Company Name on the Return Address printed on outbound labels.
- If the company name is already listed as the Name for the Ship From Location, enabling this setting adds this company name to the label as well. Uncheck this option to prevent this from happening.
If you've confirmed the above settings are set correctly, but the company name still prints twice on certain labels, the carrier or service likely requires that ShipStation submit both a Name and Company in the return address.
If your Ship From Location does not use a Company name, but the service you're using to create the label requires one, ShipStation will try to use the value from the Company Name field in the store settings described above, even if the setting to Always use Company Name on the Return Address printed on outbound labels is not checked.
If you're using a carrier or service which requires both Name and Company, then the only way to completely avoid duplication of the company name is to provide a unique value for each of those fields in ShipStation.