ShipStation treats Return Labels a little differently than outbound labels. Because of this, we don't have the same reporting data as with outbound labels.
To properly generate a report for your returns, you have two options:
The Returns Export
1. To access the returns export, click Shipments.
2. Click Returns on the righthand sidebar.
3. Choose either Outstanding, Delivered, or Voided depending on which report you need.
4. Select the return shipment records you wish to export from the grid. Regardless of what you select, you will also have the option to export the full list of returns.
Now click Export.
5. Choose to export either only the selected records or all the records in the current view:
NOTE: This report does not include product level information. This sample returns export lists the fields included in this report.
To get product level information, you will need to generate a Returned Products Report.
Returned Products Report
This report uses data for returns created within ShipStation as well as returns created via the Branded Returns Portal. So, if you or your customers generate a return label, this will allow you to track the reasons that these products were returned.
To get a list of your Returned products:
- Go to the Insights tab in ShipStation.
- Under the Products section, choose Returned Products.
- Select a date range and export format.
Download a sample CSV of this report that includes the following fields.
Please check out the ShipStation blog for more information on how having a solid returns strategy helps your business.