WP EasyCart is a WordPress eCommerce and WordPress Shopping Cart plugin that lets you sell retail, downloads, subscriptions, and more on their website.
WP EasyCart Premium users can install the ShipStation plugin to connect and send orders to ShipStation. If you are a WP EasyCart Premium user and would like to use ShipStation to create labels, follow the instructions below to connect WP EasyCart and import orders into ShipStation.
The connection and import process includes the following steps (details below):
- Download and install the ShipStation plugin for WP EasyCart
- Generate API Keys in ShipStation
- Enter API Keys into WP EasyCart
- Import Orders
- Additional Information
You'll first need to download and install the ShipStation Plugin for WP EasyCart.
- Go to the www.wpeasycart.com Members area.
- Download the ShipStation plugin.
- Login to your WordPress account.
- Click Plugins > Add New.
- Upload the ShipStation plugin.
Check that your ShipStation plugin is active and move to the next step.
Next, you'll need to generate your API Keys in ShipStation.
- Login to ShipStation.
- Go to Settings > Account > API Settings.
- Copy your API Key and API Secret. If you do not yet have an API Key and Secret, click Generate New API Keys.
NOTE: If you have existing API Keys in use by other apps, do not regenerate your API Keys as this will break their connection to ShipStation.
Next, you'll copy your API Key and Secret into the ShipStation Setup widget in WP EasyCart.
- Login to your WordPress account, if you are not already.
- Click the WP EasyCart option and choose Settings.
- Click the Third Party option.
- Enter your API Key and API Secret from ShipStation into the corresponding fields. IMPORTANT: Make sure there are no spaces before or after the Key and Secret as this can cause the connection to fail.
- Enter an Order Key Prefix if you have multiple stores and would like to differentiate between orders from different stores in ShipStation.
- Click Save Setup.
In order for WP EasyCart to send orders to ShipStation, they must meet the following criteria:
- Be in an "Approved" status (e.g., Card Approved, Third Party Approved, Order Shipped, etc).
- Contain a shippable product. Virtual products, like digital gift cards, will not be included when WP EasyCart sends orders to ShipStation.
If you have orders already in WP EasyCart that you'd like to import into ShipStation, enter the order number range into the Import Orders fields in the ShipStation Setup widget, then click Import.
You only need to do this one time to import your existing orders. Going forward, WP EasyCart will automatically send new orders to ShipStation, as long as the order meets the correct criteria.
Keep in mind the following information when using the WP EasyCart API integration with ShipStation:
- WP EasyCart uses ShipStation's OpenAPI to send order information to ShipStation. This means you cannot initiate an order import from ShipStation. The ShipStation plugin in WP EasyCart does this automatically.
- WP EasyCart orders import into the most recent manual store you have created in ShipStation. After the initial import, WP EasyCart will continue to use the same manual store to import orders, even if you add more manual stores to ShipStation later.
- If you have no active manual stores in ShipStation, WP EasyCart will not be able to send orders to ShipStation.
- Orders in WP EasyCart in the Refunded Order status will import into ShipStation's Cancelled status. If you refund an order in WP Easycart after it has already imported into ShipStation, ShipStation will update the status of that order the next time WP EasyPost sends order information to ShipStation so you do not accidentally ship a refunded order.
- Currently, WP EasyCart sends the following information about your orders to ShipStation:
- Order Number
- Order and Ship By date
- Order Status
- Customer Email address
- Bill To information (name, address, phone)
- Ship To information (name, address, phone)
- Item information (SKU, name, weight, quantity, unit price, productID)
- Amount Paid
- Tax Amount
- Shipping Amount
- At this time, no order notes or details about requested shipping services are provided to ShipStation.
- WP EasyCart automatically contacts ShipStation to get shipment information (tracking number and shipping method), which WP EasyCart then stores and uses to update the order status within EasyCart.
- The ShipStation plugin is developed by a third party developer. For assistance with any order import issues, please reach out to WP EasyCart for support.