ShipStation now offers the ability to connect your Facebook Business page and import your Facebook orders directly into ShipStation! This integration is currently in a "pilot" stage. That means the information provided in this article is subject to change as we develop the integration to suit our user needs as effectively as possible.
The connection process will configure a shop on your Facebook Business page, for which you'll need the following information:
- Your Facebook Admin email address
- TaxID number
- Business Address
- Support contacts details
- Return policy
- Your product catalog CSV
- Business payment information (so you can receive payments from your customer's transactions)
NOTE: If your Facebook Business page already has a shop, you must delete it before you can connect ShipStation and your Facebook account. This process creates a shop for you, and you are limited to one shop per business page. Follow the steps in our article Delete a Facebook Page Shop before continuing with the steps below.
This article includes the following sections:
- Connect your Facebook Business page
- Upload your product catalog CSV
- Configure payment information
- Import orders into ShipStation
- Additional Information
Connect your Facebook Business Page
The connection process in ShipStation will create a shop for you. If you already have a shop on your business page, you must delete it before attempting to connect to ShipStation.
To connect Facebook, do the following:
1. Click Settings (the wrench icon in the upper right).
2. Click Selling Channel and choose Store Setup in the left-hand sidebar.
3. Click +Connect a Store or Marketplace.
4. Select facebook from the list of stores (scroll down the list or use the pop-up search bar). During the Beta stage of this integration, if you do not see the facebook tile, please contact your ShipStation account manager or ShipStation support to have it enabled.
5. Click Authenticate.
You will be redirected to Facebook where you must then accept their Terms and Conditions. Once accepted, you'll be redirected back to ShipStation.
6. Select your business page from the Choose A Facebook Page drop-down menu.
7 Enter the requested business information and Tax Registration number. This information can be changed later in your Facebook settings.
8. Click Next, then enter at least one Shipping option. This information can be changed later in your Facebook settings.
9. Click Next, then enter your return policy and support contacts. This information can be changed later in your Facebook settings.
10. Click Next, then enter a name for the page's product catalog. Each business page can have one product catalog. If you have multiple business pages and catalogs, be sure to give each catalog a unique name.
11. Click Next, then click Submit.
This submits your shop for approval to Facebook. The approval process can take up to 48 hours, but you can speed up the approval process by uploading your product catalog and configuring your payment information in the ShipStation Store Setup screen.
Upload your Product Catalog
Facebook requires you to manage your product listings directly through ShipStation. Do this via the Store Settings tab in ShipStation and use a specially formatted CSV.
1. Click Download a sample CSV file. The sample file will download to your browser's default download location.
2. Open the file in either Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets. The sample file contains sample product data in row 2 and indicates what data is required and optional in row 4.
3. Delete the sample data and enter your product data into the correct columns.
NOTE: Do NOT modify or delete any of the information in row 1. These are your product listing identification headers. They must remain as they are in the sample file for your product upload to succeed. Review the Facebook Product Import Overview article for details about information in the CSV file.
4. Save your CSV once complete. (If you used Google Sheets, export it as a CSV file.)
5. Click Import in the ShipStation Store Settings screen.
6. Click Select File and open your saved Facebook product CSV.
7. Click Start Upload.
This process uploads your product listings to be reviewed by Facebook before appearing on your Facebook shop. It may take up to an hour for your products to appear (a longer delay may indicate products have been flagged by Facebook for further review).
Making Changes to Listed Products
Anytime you change your products, including stock level updates, you must upload your product catalog via the CSV process. Each upload replaces the product catalog on Facebook in full. This means the contents of each CSV will be what appears in the Facebook shop every time.
Configure Payment Information
Once you have completed the store connection process, configure your payment information to increase the speed at which your store is approved by Facebook.
1. In ShipStation's Store Settings for your Facebook store, scroll down to the Configure Payments via Facebook section.
2. Click Visit payment portal.
3. Enter your payment information so Facebook can transfer funds into your account after customers make purchases.
Once you have completed the above steps and Facebook has approved your shop, follow these steps to import your orders into ShipStation:
1. Click the Import button in ShipStation.
2. Click the refresh button for your Facebook store only, or select Update All Stores to import orders from all of your connected stores at once.
NOTE: Facebook will not release orders to ShipStation within the first 30 minutes after the order has been placed.
Once ShipStation has acknowledged and imported the Facebook orders, Facebook will change the status of the orders in the store from Pending Acknowledgment to Waiting to be Shipped.
Review the following help articles for more information about ShipStation's order import process:
A few additional things to know about Facebook's integration with ShipStation:
- This is currently a pilot program, so some of the above information is subject to change as we work with our users and Facebook to improve the process.
- Your Facebook shop options, including your product catalog, are subject to Facebook's policies and terms and conditions.
- ShipStation does not store the options set during the store connection process, nor does it store any of your payment information. ShipStation only sends that information directly to Facebook during the connection and product upload process.
- ShipStation creates product records in its Products tab based on the items included in orders when they import from Facebook. These product records can be used to help in automating your shipping process. The product records in ShipStation are not currently linked to Facebook and cannot be used to manage your products on Facebook.
- ShipStation's option to Mark as Shipped does not currently send an update to Facebook. (This functionality is coming soon!) To update the order status, for now, you must also directly mark that order as shipped in your Facebook store.