USPS (Stamps.com and Endicia) offer a special cubic rate option for a package type called "Softpack" or "Polybag". These package types are not yet available in ShipStation, but the following steps will allow you to view the appropriate cubic rate for Softpack / Polybag shipments.
Cubic Rate Restrictions
- The mailpiece must be 20 lbs or less.
- The longest dimension cannot exceed 18 inches
- Must be .50 cubic feet or less
- May not be in rolls or tubes
Get Cubic Rates for Softpacks
To view the appropriate rates, do the following:
- Select your order from the Orders grid and choose USPS Priority Mail as the shipping service.
- Set packaging type to Large Envelope or Flat.
- Enter the weight of the shipment.
- Enter the length and width but leave the height field blank.
This will fetch the tiered cubic rate for the product should it meet the requirements for cubic rates.
ShipStation plans to make a "Softpack" package type an option in the Package drop-down menu in the future. Once this option becomes available, we'll update this article with the appropriate information.
See How does cubic pricing work in ShipStation? for more information on how cubic rates are calculated in ShipStation for box packages.