Australia Post provides space on their labels for three short messages. You can use ShipStation's Label Messages feature to print order specific messages in each of these spaces.
To print customer provided instructions in the Delivery Instructions field on an AU Post label, you'll need to map the message from a field in the order to ShipStation's Message #3 field. Here's an example of how the order notes for the above label appear in ShipStation's Order Details screen:
Set ShipStation's Label Document Options
First, you'll need to know which notes field in your order the instructions import into. Typically this will be the Customer field. However, not all selling channels send these types of notes. In some cases, you may be using other notes fields like Custom Field 1, 2, 3, or Internal Notes.
Once you know which field you want to print on your AU Post label, do the following:
- Go to Settings > Printing Setup and click Document Options for Labels.
- Scroll to the Label Messages section.
- Click the disclosure triangle for Message #3 and choose which notes field you want printed in the Delivery Instructions section of your AU Post labels. For this example, the [Note from Buyer] field corresponds to Customer notes in your orders.
- Click Save Changes.
Going forward, orders with text in the selected notes field (in this example, the Customer field) will print the text in the Delivery Instructions field on AU Post labels.
There are a few important things to note about using label messages in ShipStation:
- Label Messages are a global setting in ShipStation. This means the setting applies to all labels, not just AU Post labels.
- Not all couriers support all three label messages. Some may not support any at all. For couriers that do not support Message #3, the above setting will have no effect on the labels printed for those couriers.
- In the label messages fields, the square brackets  indicate a "field replacement." This means ShipStation looks for the data on each order that exists in that field, making this a dynamic field that changes with each order.
- You can type static text into your label message fields if you want the same text to print on every label.
- The location on the label where label messages print may vary by courier.